We are specialists in optical mechanical product design.
Vision Engineering Manufacturing Service’s design team specialise in opto-mechanical, mechanical and electro-mechanical design, styling and packaging. Our staff are highly experienced in all aspects of design for manufacture, utilising a range of manufacturing processes.
The team has over 100 years of collective experience designing high-tech and ergonomically sophisticated products and instrumentation, designing for manufacture in batch sizes varying from one off to several thousand, both for own labelled and other brand products.
In-house rapid prototype facilities include Rapid Fused Deposition Modelling, Lens Grinding, Tool Room and Paint Shop.
Your outsourced design partners
Whether you are looking to integrate an optical solution in your existing systems or want expert design advice, you can ask our teams of design experts. We can work as part of your external design team.
Extensive project management, design for manufacture, prototyping and cost reduction capabilities.
Skills and experience in:
- Optical Element and system design
Using a broad range of processes such as:
- Castings (sand, gravity, investment and pressure die)
- Plastics (forming, injection and compression moulding)
- Pressing / stamping
Rapid Prototyping Facilities:
- Rapid Fused Deposition Modelling
- Lens Grinding
- Tool Room
- Paint Shop
Software Design Tools:
- Full 3D assy and part design using Pro Engineer Advanced CAD Package (6 seats ) including free form surfacing, stress analysis and mould flow
- CorelDraw, Adobe Reader, AutoCAD for graphics
Turning your ideas into reality
Good product idea, but need help with:
- Competitive manufacturing
- Aggressive global purchasing
- Sales channel development
- Distributor recruitment
Vision Engineering Manufacturing Services has helped many customers develop and exploit the potential of their ideas.